Sunday, March 8, 2009

An afternoon at the Lake

We decided to take a walk around Lake Hollingsworth since it was such a beautiful day! We picked a great day to walk the lake as they were having a speed boat competition. It was fun to watch as we walked. However 3 miles in flip flops was not a good idea! Thanks to Chris he switched shoes with me half way through and saved my poor little toes!

After the walk, we went to dinner downtown and checked out some of the shops around town. It has taken me a while to appreciate the little city we live in and it is days like this that remind me of why I love living here. I know, I know Lakeland isn't that small but it is smaller than any other city I have ever lived in before.

I will try to post pictures from our walk and the boat races sometime soon.

No comments: