Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2 months old!!


Weight: 10lb 3 oz
Length: 21 1/4 inches


Happy 2 month "birthday" to our sweet baby boy!!  I can't believe how fast these 2 months have gone by and how much Elliot has grown and developed.  Although Elliot still sleeps alot - when he is awake, he is very alert and playful.  Recently he has started to smile more often in response to us talking to him or tickling him.

He loves to look at you when you talk to him or when we "talk" for his stuffed animals.  He really looks like he is paying attention.  I've noticed lately that he is VERY interested in faces in general.  His crib bumper has animals on it and I've seen him stare at it and gurgle and coo like he is talking to the animal. It's really cute!  His two favorite toys are his Seahorse gloworm (from Jen and Eric) and the new Mickey we got for him this past weekend on our mini-trip to Downtown Disney.

Just last night I noticed that he was trying to look at the top corner of his crib where we put his Mickey stuffed animal when he sleeps, he was straining just to stare at him so I went in and put Mickey next to Elliot.  I left the room wondering if he would cry or want to be held but instead I watched him look at Mickey and make little noises until he fell asleep.

I know that he is so little but I really think his little personality is shining through.  He is really easy-going and quickly calmed when he does get upset.  If he's hungry and you don't feed him fast enough he will shake his head from side to side with his mouth open (adorable!).  I've also noticed that there is difference between him being almost upset and actually being upset.  He has a "fake" whine that he does and sometimes if you look at him he will be pouting with his bottom lip out.  The second you talk to him or change positions he is just fine.  Speaking of the pout lip, is it wrong that I think it is SO cute when he does it??  I mean, shouldn't I feel sad because he is getting ready to cry. But I just think it's so cute when he puffs out his little lip.  I'm pretty sure that same face will get him out of trouble when he is older... lol

Milestones for this month:
1.  Elliot is sleeping through the night 6-7 hours at a time
2.  Smiling when you talk to him.
3.  Mastered the skill of keeping his head elevated and staying up on his elbows during tummy time.
4.  Rolled over from his tummy to his back, 2 times!! (first time on August 16, 2010)
5. He likes to hold/grab your shirt sometimes where we have to peel his fingers off to lay him down, lol

Likes/Loves:
- "Where's Elliot?!" / Peek-a-Boo game
- looking in the mirror
- being tickled on his tummy and sides
- swinging in his swing
- looking around when being held

Dislikes:
- tummy time for too long
- when he is hungry and the food doesn't come fast enough


This has been a busy month full of fun with Elliot.  I love watching him grow, change, and learn but I can't help but feel a little sad that he is "growing up" so fast.  I'm loving every minute of being a Mommy!!  Chris is such a proud Daddy too.  He loves to lay with him at night and push his stroller when we're out and about.  He just adores Elliot which makes me love Chris even more than I already do.  My heart melt just seeing how much he loves this little boy!

I know I've said this before but it is truly amazing how awesome it is to have Elliot in our lives.  I feel so blessed!!


No comments: