Recap on how I found out: I decided to tag along on a business trip that Chris was taking to Louisville as I had never been before. We flew in and I sorta felt like something was different. I LOVE to fly but this time I felt like I could have gotten sick which is really unlike me as I've never felt that way before when flying. Although I thought it might be because it was an early morning flight and I am NOT a morning person. We checked into the hotel and I dropped Chris off at the office. I explored the city but then decided to take a pregnancy test ... I still remember that instant shock/nervous/EXCITED moment of the 2nd line on the pregnancy test popping up.
No words or pictures could possibly come close to describing how AWESOME the entire experience has been for Chris and I. Minus a few scary parts in the beginning of my pregnancy (spotting) and extreme nausea I had a really great pregnancy. My labor was long but not really that bad at all and Elliot has been a dream baby ... simply perfect. He is happy and content 99% of the time and the other 1% is when I don't feed him the very instant he wants it, lol. I continue to thank God every day for giving us a healthy baby!
If you told me last year on October 26, 2009 that in 1 year I would have an adorable 4 month old baby boy sleeping in the next room, I probably wouldn't have believed you. It is really true when people say your life will change forever the day you find out you're having a baby. So many people say that in a negative sense and I can't understand why ... I am truly the happiest I have EVER been in my life and every day seems to be better than the last. Chris has always been an amazing husband but if you can believe it, he is a better husband and Daddy now that Elliot is here. Although I think that's because without him I wouldn't have Elliot in my life. I always knew he'd be a great Dad but seeing him with Elliot makes me love him even more than I already do (which is a lot!). There is just something so amazing about seeing your husband with your baby. They have such a bond already and I know that Elliot and Chris are going to be good buddies. Minus a few of the teenage years when most teens don't like their parents, lol. I expect that - although I'm hoping the saying is true that little boys will always love their Mommy! hehe
Ok enough of the sappy anniversary story ... lol.
As always, thank you for your continued prayers that my family remains happy and healthy!!
With love,
Connie
Here are a few preview pictures from our Fall photo session with Aimee Vignocchi
(thanks again - we love them!!)
~~ Photography by Aimee Vignocchi ~~



No comments:
Post a Comment