Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

Even though it is a day late, I thought that I should post a Merry Christmas message to anyone who actually reads this blog, haha.

Chris and I began Christmas week by celebrating here at home with just us and our pets. On Sunday we woke up as if it was Christmas morning to open presents. Santa's little elf (Chris) was very hard at work that morning as he surprised me by installing all of the new knobs on our kitchen cabinets which look great by the way! Then we exchanged presents... I got a printer/fax/scanner/copy machine, a panini press, a year subscription to Cosmo, a Mary Poppins DVD and lots of stocking stuffers. I gave Chris a chain for his dad's charm, a Macbook Pro laptop, and a bunch of stocking stuffers. We also gave Peyton and Persephone their stockings which were filled with treats and toys. Peyton was excited because we took her and her new "chuck it" toy to the park. We finished the evening by preparing a traditional Christmas dinner of Ham, green bean casserole, corn, and mashed potatoes. It was very yummy!

Chris and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day in Sarasota visiting family and a few old friends friends from High School. It was a great time! Both pets (Peyton and Persephone) enjoyed spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Jones and their cats, Piper and Comet. Santa was very very good to us this year ... Together gifts: we got a AAA gift card (good for vacations), Williams & Sonoma Christmas serving set (plates, coffee cups, trays, etc), boardgame, and a GPS. Connie gifts: several Vera Bradley pieces, 2 different bottles of perfume, money, clothes, stationary/note cards with matching gift bags, willow tree figure, an owl and the list goes on... Chris: Amazon gift card, Barnes & Noble gift card, money, USF shirts/sweatshirt, his mom's old guitar strap and lots more that I can't remember! (lol - it's been a long day!!).

We hope that your Christmas was wonderful and that your New Year is bright! 2008 was a rough year for our family but we're looking forward to a new year with new adventures!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

With love,
Mrs. R

No comments: