Monday, February 23, 2009

iLove it!

It seems there always has to be excitement in my life. Well, this past Friday night I was working on a paper that was due Sunday. Already in a time crunch, I pretty much needed the stars to be perfectly aligned to pull this off in time for the Sunday due date. Wouldn't you know ... my computer crashed!! Well sorta ... the monitor plug decided to break ... literally it just broke. One minute I was looking at the screen and the next it couldn't find a connection. LOVELY.

Luckily I called in my personal IT guy, aka my awesome husband!! After trouble shooting with the spare (read: very old computers/monitors) he determined that it is the monitor port on the back of my computer tower. If you know me well enough, you will know that when I say "Friday night" that literally means early Saturday morning (after midnight). By this time, it was close to 2:00 AM. Chris tried to set me up on his old desktop however he was in the middle of a windows/Linux crossover which was not complete. Basically it isn't able to function yet and would take a lot more time to configure. By the end of the night, he started a full re-install and we would see the results (if it took) in the morning.

The next morning: the re-install didn't take and would need take a lot more time to configure so he suggested that I get a new computer since 1. my computer was over 5 years old and 2. his old computer is even older than that (probably 6 or 7). Unfortunately, time was not on my side as we had a wedding to attend in St. Petersburg Beach at 1:30.

Long story short .... we went to the wedding, had a blast, spent the night at the Bilmar Beach Resort, woke up Sunday morning, went to the Apple Store at the International Plaza, and bought a MacBook!!! I have officially entered the "Mac World" ... and, iLove it!

I got a 2.4 MacBook which has the new silver casing shell however I got a "protective" cover which just so happens to be PINK. So, it looks like I have a Pink MacBook which makes me love it even more! hehe Here is a picture:


This computer is amazing and I'm not sure how I lived without one before this. Oh, and I finished both papers that were due tonight! Woohooo!!

No comments: