
Happy Valentine's Day 2009! I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful day with your special Valentine. I sure did!!
Earlier in the week Chris mentioned that he had my Valentine's present and I could have it "whenever" during the week or I could wait until Saturday. Of course, knowing that it was here, I just had to have it. hehe What a great present - he bought me a "Dream Escape" package to my favorite Day Spa here in Lakeland, DayDreams. I love it and I can't wait to use it!
Later in the week he surprised me by having pink and white tulips delivered. Tulips are my all-time favorite flower next to roses. I love both but tulips can only be found a couple months out of the year which makes them that much more special when I get them. I posted a picture so you all can see how pretty they were.
We went to the Melting Pot for dinner which was very yummy! Apparently reservations at the Melting Pot on Valentine's Day are very popular and hard to come by. Luckily we made our reservations back in January because we are Fondue Club members. Dinner was amazing and so romantic ~ I love my hubby!
We enjoyed the "Cupid Special" which featured a quattro formaggio fondue (cheese), a salad course with a choice of traditional caprese salad with balsamic glaze or strawberry almond salad with basil infused white balsamic vinaigrette. Our entrée course included cold water lobster tail, tuscan sirloin florentine, filet mignon, honey orange duck, shrimp diablo, citrus fennel pork tenderloin, and lobster ravioli served with seasoned vegetables and assorted dipping sauces. Our favorite course was dessert where we had dark chocolate fondue infused with orange cognac liquor for that perfect orange zest flavor.
After dinner Chris suggested that we go to a movie and that I could pick any movie that I wanted to see. (Translation: I will go to one of the girly movies that you've been wanting to go to). So, we ended the night by going to the movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic" at the Lakeside Village. (Thanks honey, I love you!!)
I couldn't have asked for a better Valentine's Day (week) or a more special person to share it with. I forgot our camera but Chris took a few on his new iPhone (his Valentine's Day present). Here are a few pictures from our Valentine's night out.
Chris and I at the table.

Cheers to another Happy Valentine's Day together!
Thought this was cute even though part of our heads didn't make it in there, lol.
With love,
The Rohdes
1 comment:
Adorable. Glad you have a wonderful Valentines!
Post a Comment