
Bellyot: I am growing fast!! The head, heart, spinal cord, and some of the larger blood vessels begin to form. As these blood vessels form, the heart begins to pump fluid through them, and our baby's first red blood cells are created. Our baby is about 7 - 9 mm or 0.27 - 0.35 inches in length, (approximately the size of a grain of rice), and weighs about 1/30 of an ounce - less than a breath mint
Our baby's brain, bladder, tongue and esophagus are all developing and transforming, while the eyes are moving to the front of the face and his tiny eyelids are forming. The bones of his tiny limbs have started to form and all of your baby's major organs - heart, intestines, kidneys, liver, lungs and pancreas -- are forming and growing. In fact, our baby actually goes through 3 sets of kidneys during development with this week's development, being the second set.
Both the hand plates and the genital tubercle are present this week, but you can't tell whether it's a boy or a girl by sight at this point. Nasal pits are also forming. In my womb, our baby has already become active swimming around inside the amniotic sac and kicking.
Mommy: I'm feeling pretty sick and trying to keep food down. I feel SEASICK! Doctor has suggested that I start off my mornings with a Whey protein shake to ensure Im getting enough nutrients and protein to the baby. He did say not to worry too much because the baby only needs approx. 6 ounces of food. BUT eating frequently should alleviate some of the nausea... let's hope! Right now I can't even think about eating something. I'm sure that will change once the 2nd trimester rolls around. haha
Daddy: Chris and I are both very anxious to tell our families next week at Thanksgiving ... we can't wait to see how excited they will be for their very first grandbaby!!
No comments:
Post a Comment