Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We're having a BABY!!!

Yup - you read the title correctly!! We're Pregnant!!!! Chris and I are going to be parents!! Our due date is July 9, 2010! You might all be thinking, "what ... that is YOUR birthday month?!" While that is true, I can't think of a better person to share it with than my own son or daughter!! This just means really good summer vacation / birthday trips! Not to mention that both of my grandmothers are/were born in July as well as some of my best friends. Its a GREAT month and now it will be even better!

Chris has already nicknamed our baby bean "Bellyot" and keeps chanting "Boy Boy Boy, big tall boy!" ... We've had names picked out for a while now and the boy name is Elliot Kurt, which is where he gets the "Bellyot" nickname from... While he says he wants a boy, we are both praying for a healthy and strong baby no matter if it's a boy or a girl!!

We found out on October 27, 2009 while on a work trip that I went on with Chris to Louisville ... yes, this is my new favorite city!! To honor the city we found out in, being the home of the Kentucky Derby, I bought a stuffed animal horse that we named "Winnie" (the sound a horse makes)... although "Bellyot" won't be able to play with it for a long time because it has beady eyes, lol.

Things we've done the past few weeks:
1. Tried to keep a secret - its hard!!
2. Chris put the "What to Expect" app on his iPhone (awww he so cute and BEYOND excited!)
3. We bought the "What to Expect" book for me
4. Bought a pregnancy cook book
5. I've been unsuccessfully trying to keep food in my stomach.
6. Briana and Allison let me borrow pretty much every pregnancy book ever written (thanks girlies).
7. We told our families on Thanksgiving!!

While I love my dear dear dear husband, he says to me on Saturday (11/7) after a rough brunch experience: "I wish people knew already, I want to make fun of you on Facebook for running out of restaurants!" Gotta love him!

Thank you in advance for your prayers and good wishes as we start our journey to parenthood ... please pray for our baby bean, Bellyot!

With love,
Connie and "Bellyot"

No comments: