Bellyot: Our baby reaches a developmental milestone at the end of this week--it has achieved its basic structural form. Because the baby is still curled up in a snug position in the uterus, it's hard to measure an exact length including the legs. Our baby's crown-to-rump length is now about 1 1/4 inches, and he/she weighs less than half an ounce. Tiny toes have formed. The eyes are largely open, but the eyelids are beginning to fuse, and will stay that way until 25-27 weeks. External genitalia is beginning to differentiate. External ears are completely formed, as well as the upper lip. The biggest accomplishment this week is the disappearance of the tail!
Mommy: Still feeling really sick ... not sure this will ever go away. Will I ever feel normal again? I can't believe it's almost 2010 and by this time next year I will be holding a 5-6 month old!!!
I had another ultrasound this week. I should have been measuring at 10 weeks 6 days but Bellyot is measuring 4-5 days ahead with a due date of July 4th or 5th with a heart beat of 176 - Healthy and Strong!! It was hard to get a good picture because he/she was moving ALL around!!
Daddy: Chris is already thinking of all the stuff that needs to be done before the baby comes, more importantly before February when we plan to start the nursery. We've decided where we will put the furniture and decided which pieces to get. Now the comes the fun part ... looking for the nursery furniture!
No comments:
Post a Comment