Sunday, January 3, 2010

13 weeks down: in my 14th week - Happy New Year!!!



Bellyot: Our baby is now the size of a peach, measuring just under 3 inches and weighing approximately a full ounce! The most remarkable thing about week 13 is that his little body is finally starting to catch up to his head in size, as his head now only accounts for 1/3 of his total size. If we are having a girl, she will have more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries by week 13.Her teeth are in place under her gums, waiting to come out during teething. The baby is able to move his or her arms and legs, open and close it's hands, and even wiggle it's feet! So cute!

Mommy: Wow - I'm already 13 weeks!! According to some books I am in the beginning of my 2nd trimester but most say that starts at week 14. I'm feeling pretty good. I still have my bad and reeeeally bad days but those are happening less and less. (YAY!!) There have even been a couple days where I don't feel sick all day. haha

I had another ultrasound this week due to a spotting episode at week 11 but due to the holidays, the earliest I could get in was the 30th. I felt as if all was well but the Dr wanted to be sure. I LOOOOVE how proactive my OB is, he is really great and I feel so confident that he will be my Dr through this exciting journey!

At the top of this post you will see a couple pictures of Bellyot at week 13. I was supposed to be measuring 12 weeks 5 days but he/she was measuring at 13 weeks 2 days (4 days ahead). This is the second ultrasound that "it" was measuring 4-5 days ahead so they said they may look into switching my dates from July 9th to July 5th. Either way, I don't think it matters ... this baby will come when it wants to come and being my child I'm sure it will be late no matter what due date it has been given, LOL.

Daddy: Chris has continued to be great during this whole process!! He is amazing and I thank him SO MUCH for taking such good care of Bellyot and I. There are many days where he starts his day (1.5 hr before his alarm is supposed to go off) by bringing toast, water, and a Zofran nausea pill not to mention he does most of all the laundry and cooking. No laundry for me since I can't lift anything and cooking is vrtually impossible with my nuasea. He is the BEST husband and future Daddy of my baby that I could ever ask for! I love seeing how excited he gets when we talk about "it" being a boy or a girl and of course he's all excited to get on the baseball field if it turns out to be a boy. Even if its a girl I know he will be proud to show off his little girl at her future dance recitals.

No comments: