Monday, January 11, 2010

In my 15th week



Bellyot: Our baby weighs about 2.5 ounces and is approximately 4 inches in length (crown to rump). About the size of an apple. His/her legs are now longer than her arms and it's bones are getting harder and stronger! His or her heart is growing strong and, even though it is little, it is pumping between 20 and 25 quarts of blood every 24 hours! By the time I am ready to deliver, our baby's heart will be circulating up to 300 quarts of blood every 24 hours. Many fetuses develop their future hairline this week, although it can take quite a bit longer for others. Will our baby have red, blonde or brown hair? He or she is also moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract. This action helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. And even though his/her eyes will remain fused shut until approximately 26 weeks, he/she can actually sense light in your womb!

Mommy: I am going between both due dates figuring that the baby will come when he or she is ready to make his or her debut! I doubt the 4 day difference really matters too much but either way I am technically 14 weeks 2 days according to my original July 9th due date but 14 weeks 6 days according to the July 4th due date. Either way, I am in my 15th week of pregnancy since I have completed 14 weeks in full (pregnancy calculations are confusing). Anyway, as you can see from above, I'm starting to get a baby bump!! While its small for now I am in maternity clothes due to the fact none of my pre-pregnancy pants fit. Some shirts do but they aren't long enough to cover the awesome belly band of the prego pants. Most of my dresses fit (I love A-line!!) but it has been WAY TOO cold to wear my dresses. Hopefully it warms up before I out grow them! haha I'm feeling great about 50% but the other 50% is full of nausea, headaches, and backaches and this week a sinus infecton.

In exciting news, I have started to feel the flutters of Bellyot!! It feels like a feather is being wiggled around and tickling me on the inside. I'm pretty sure that is the baby since I felt it once before during an ultrasound and the tech said that it could very well be the baby due to its location and how active the baby is. I can't wait until they are more prominent and Chris can feel them!!

Daddy: Chris continues to get excited! This week he is now doubling as my weekly photographer, hehe. He's putting his new toy (Nikon D5000) to good use!! He's also started to train Peyton to "kiss the baby". It's so cute and Peyton is loving the extra treats just for kissing my belly. She is probably so confused!


~~ Don't forget to cast your vote: Boy or Girl!! ~~

With love,
Connie & Bellyot

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

Yeah, we are over the moon with excitment! Your father and I voted for a boy. But you know we will take anything! Of course I do have 5 dollhouses that have to be handed down in the family so if not this time around, well, just keep at it! We love you all! xoxo Mommy aka future Grammy