Tuesday, February 16, 2010

20 weeks ... 5 months ... 1/2 way done!!


** more pictures coming soon **

Elliot: This week we had his "anatomy scan" where they took lots of measurements. We are SOOO happy that all is well and he is growing and developing just as he should! In fact our little boy is measuring right on track with his *new* due date of July 5, 2009 at 20 weeks, 1 day! Our original due date based on "the wheel" and my cycle was July 9th but he has consistently measured July 5th since the very beginning. The "due date" doesn't really matter as he will come when he wants to come but it is nice to have a countdown! He is weighing in at 12 ounces, an ounce heavier than expected since the average weight for a 20 week baby is 11 ounces. This is probably explained because he is measuring in the 60-80th percentile in both his head size and femur length and 45th in his abdominal size. Chris sure is getting his wish of "Boy boy boy, big tall boy" - haha.

Mommy: WOW, I can't believe that this week marks the half way point of my pregnancy!! What an amazing journey this has been and I can't wait to see and experience all of the exciting changes that the next few months will bring for me and our new little family!! This was a BIG week full of exciting things. First and foremost, this week we had "the big anatomy scan" where they checked Elliot's full growth and development thus far. I couldn't be happier to report that our little boy is developing and growing PERFECTLY! Thank you God! Chris and I had the day off together so we could go to both the ultrasound but also the Doctor's appointment. The scan was awesome as we were able to see the development of Elliot's brain, heart, kidneys, bladder, stomach, and spine. I also attended the first of several classes that I need to complete by July ... this week was the Epidural class. Talk about scary, but I'm sure I will think of it differently once I'm experiencing those labor contractions, lol.

Other exciting news this week: we ordered Elliot's nursery furniture!!!!!! We're very excited as it will match very nicely with the Carter's Tree Top bedding and nursery collection that my parents bought for us. We also cleared the nursery this weekend so it is ready to be painted in the near future. We plan to paint the room a light blue or green with white chair rail and crown molding.

Links to see furniture:

The changer/dresser/hutch combo and toybox: Generation Next also in Cinnamon. The dresser/hutch is in the background of a few of the pictures.

Daddy: Chris is continuing to do a great job of taking care of me!! Tending to my every need and I've even gotten a few back rubs this week! He has been in contact with his HR department to figure out what needs to be done come Elliot's birth and everything is in order for our addition to the policy! We spent an hour or so on Friday night at Lowes looking at paint colors, crown molding, and chair rail ... oh boy will Lowe's be making money off of us in the near future!! Special thanks to Chris' friend, Ryan, for coming over to help Chris clear out both the nursery and guest room!!

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

Yeah, Elliot will be here before we know it! I am having so much shopping for baby boy things! And I just do not understand why my friends are making fun of the fact that I already have the birthday party planned for when he is two! Does'nt every little boy have a party on a train??? Hehehe!