BOY!!!!!
2 thighs and his BOY parts (left side of picture)
Another great picture proving he is in fact a BOY, his other leg is hiding behind the placenta.
Yes, you read this correctly! Baby Rohde is actually a BOY and not a girl. Official name: Elliot Kurt Rohde. This name is especially important as Chris' dad's name was Kurt and it means so much for us to use his name for our son.
As you know (or previously read) "Bellyot" was not very cooperative during last week's ultrasound and thus I was a little apprehensive about the girl announcement. Although I DID have an ultrasound which, while difficult to capture, appeared to look like that of a girl including lots of great back shots as the baby evidently likes to curl up in a ball and face away from the camera, lol.
You may ask: "What made you second guess it?" Well many things actually ... the picture didn't have the classic "3 lines" that a girl sonogram would have, some people we showed didn't see the girl parts either, and really I just didn't feel like it was really a girl - I guess my Mommy's intuition has kicked in?
I went for a 2nd ultrasound this afternoon at a different location. Elliot instantly cooperated and was spread eagle for the camera. The first thing the tech said was "Oh my, Proud Boy!" ... LOL. There is no mistaking that this is a boy! We got some great shots, too! I emailed the original person we had Friday's session with and she was so upset as this was the 1st error in over 9 years of her practice! She invited us back to get a full session again, including CD of pictures and a DVD free of charge. Of course we took her up on it and got a bunch of great pictures of Mr. Elliot! She felt so bad that we were unsure and ultimately surprised by new results, she insisted that she give us cash for the sonogram we paid for today. She also upgraded our original package to the "Watch me grow" where I will go back free of charge for an ultrasound, picture CD, pictures, and DVD at 24 weeks and 30 weeks. She also gave us an adorable frame to put a few of ultrasound pictures in... minus the error (which was NO fault of hers - it was because our stubborn son) I am so pleased with our experiences there.
Sooooo bring on the BLUE!! Even though we were beyond excited for a girl, we're very very excited for a boy! I always wanted a big brother when growing up so maybe #2 will be a girl and have a big brother to be her body guard! lol


3 comments:
Of course your baby is stubborn, he is already taking after his namesake and doing it his way! LOL I couldn't be more thrilled. I just knew it was a boy!
Love you guys!
Terri Rohde
Well, let me tell you, boys are the BEST!!! Also Connie, there is this really special bond between a mother and a son that no one can explain to you...it is just so sweet. I am so excited for you, boy really are so sweet!
Congrats on baby boy Rohde!
We are so excited for a grandchild that we do not care what the baby is, but... we knew it was a boy! We look forward to Elliott playing with the train sets and of course going on real trains with us soon!
We love you all! xoxox Mom and Dad
Post a Comment