Tuesday, April 20, 2010

29 weeks and counting!!

Elliot: He weighs nearly three pounds now and measures about 17 inches. Though he's getting pretty close to his birth length, he still has to chub out a bit. In fact, over the next 8-11 weeks, he'll more than double — or even come close to tripling — his weight. As he grows, he will have less room in my womb which means instead of feeling his kicks, I will get poked by an elbow or jabbed by a knee. He's making his presence known more and more. His movement is quite strong now!!

Mommy: 29 weeks and feeling great minus some aches, ligament pains, and 2 headaches this week. Birthing class is going well - we've learned several breathing techniques and labor positions. I hope we remember them when Elliot's birthday arrives.

My cravings are in FULL swing ... Chris even made me pancakes at 2 AM on Saturday. lol On many occasions I've noticed my shirt moving - it's strange but so awesome to SEE and FEEL him move!!! Speaking of movement, Chris was able to feel Elliot for the first time this past weekend (at 28 weeks 5 days). We knew it would be a bit delayed due to my placenta placement but it was well worth the wait to see Chris' face when he felt it. Saturday's kick was minor compared to the kicks he felt on Sunday. We have a strong little boy in there! I often feel my tummy and notice harder round areas ... wondering if it is his head or butt. haha

In other not-so-good news, I failed my 1 and 3 hour glucose test which means I technically have Gestational Diabetes (GD). I just barely didn't pass but my Dr is pretty conservative so he is going to treat me as such so we don't miss anything in the next 10 weeks. For those of you who don't know about GD, it is something that is temporary only during pregnancy. I feel confident that this is temporary because I had my annual blood work-up in July (just 2-3 months before I conceived) and my glucose levels were checked at that time and they came back perfect!! Sometimes the pregnancy hormone alone can affect how the body processes insulin and gIucose which is why it is gestational only. The Dr thinks that this is the case with me since my #s were just above the normal cut-off.

I like that my Dr plays it on the safe side. I knew he was a bit conservative in general because he starts all of his patients on 2 week visits at 26-28 weeks whereas most Dr.s dont' until 30 weeks or so. I have a few friends who had their babies with this practice and they told me about that which is one of the reasons I choose him. Happier note was that I got to hear Elliot's heartbeat as usual at my appt and it is strong and steady in the 150's. I LOVE this sweet sweet sound!!

Chris: I have the best husband in the world and he's so excited to be a Daddy!! He put the finishing touches on the nursery and snapped a few pictures for me so I could post here and Facebook. We love the nursery!! It turned out more perfect than I ever imagined!! Elliot is one very lucky and loved little boy!!

As I wrote above, Chris felt Elliot kick for the first time over the weekend. It was such a wonderful experience to share with Chris. I've felt it for a while but was anxiously awaiting the day when Chris could feel him too. Chris just shined with excitement and I could see how proud he was of his strong little boy.

Here are a few pictures of the nursery minus the changing table / hutch ... I need to organize it better before taking pictures of it. lol

Crib corner:

Crib corner showing more valance:


Artsy shot of the owl on his mobile:

Nook by the door entry ... lamp and bank are sitting on a bookshelf:

Close up of lamp:

Tree above his toybox:

Close-up of owl in tree:

No comments: