Elliot: By this week, Elliot's senses are developed to the point where he can taste, touch, see, and hear what's going on around him. He'll also react to stimuli--for instance, when I poke my belly, he may kick or hit back at the spot you've touched. His brain is starting to wrinkle and fold, due to the rapid growth of our future little genius's brain cells. (hehe) Fingernails and toenails are finally finished. Plus, the bone marrow is completely in charge of red-blood-cell production now. He is starting to shed his lanugo—the downy hair that was covering his skin. Now that he's chubbier and better able to regulate his body temp, he doesn't need to sport a fur coat 24/7. When Elliot is awake, his eyes are now wide open and he's looking around, checking out his environment.
Mommy: I'm getting very excited for my Baby Shower this coming Saturday! My best friend Briana and my mom are hosting me a shower at the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor. I can't wait! I've been craving their food throughout my pregnancy and I'm so excited to everyone too!! We also have our final 3D ultrasound on Friday with Chris' mom, sister who is flying in from Cali (yay!!) and his aunt.
Elliot has been kicking up a storm lately, I LOVE IT! Sleeping is getting uncomfortable but not as bad as Im sure it will soon get.
Chris and I have decided to do cord blood banking through the Viacord company. This is something that we pray we'll never have to use but will be so thankful that medical technology has given us a great opportunity to save our little boy should we ever need it. There has been a lot of research done and it is proven to cure many diseases and illnesses. We've been researching this for a while, know a few people who have it, and made the decision to go ahead and do it. Needless to say, I've had a busy week already with verifying insurance information, completing hospital pre-registration, and signing up for Viacord. We have our final birthing class on Thursday where we get to tour Labor & Delivery. T-7 or 10 weeks ... 70 days!! Wooohoo!!
Daddy: Chris is getting ever more excited to be a Daddy! The room is complete and it is PERFECT! Of course I've given him a few more projects to complete for the baby comes which includes re-painting the bathroom and hanging pictures in the newly joined guest room/office. He is also in the process of working on his photography for when Elliot comes and familiarizing himself with our new video camera that we recently bought. It appears that me having a baby means Chris gets lots of fun new toys! lol
Thanks for reading! Please continue to send your prayers and well wishes for a safe and healthy pregnancy, delivery, and baby!

1 comment:
I am so glad Elliot is going to be here soon! We are so excited for him! The nursery looks awesome! I am so happy the baby shower was such a huge success! You have so many friends and that is a wonderful blessing! I love you all! Grammy Scarlett
Post a Comment