Monday, May 24, 2010

34 weeks

Elliot: He measures about 20.25 inches in total length and weighs around 5.5 lbs. Elliot is continuing to grow and fatten up, especially in the shoulder area, and is kicks regularly. The fine lanugo hair that covers him is shedding, though some may still be present when he is born. Elliot's eyes will likely be blue at birth, though his "real" eye color will set in sometime after birth within a few weeks or months. His fingernails are growing and they already reach the tips of his fingers. They may even look quite long and pointy by the time he is born. Your baby may even have some scratch marks from scratching his face with his fingernails. Chris and I recently organized his grooming and first aid kit and came across the most adorable little emory boards which it appears we might need in the hospital. Maybe the nurses will trim them for us?? lol

Elliot is probably feeling quite cramped right now and his movements are restricted by his growing size. He will continue to gain about 1/2 pound a week until he is born. He is fully developed and working on the last bit of his lung development before his arrival. We can't believe that in 3 weeks he will be "full-term" and ready for the outside world!!!


Mommy: I've been feeling pretty good minus the stiff/achiness/soreness. I find that the instant I stand up, I have to pee - not sure if I actually have to or if when I stand up he presses on my bladder. My weekly NST went great!! According to my Dr he is "happy and healthy baby". His heartrate is in the 140s and looking/sounding very strong! He is highly reactive on the machine ... kicking up a storm and I even got to see that I was having a few contractions (which I couldn't even feel). I lost another 2 pounds. I continue to tell my Dr how much I am loving this "diet of having a baby" ... he said that I am one of few who actually lose weight through their entire pregnancy. I'll take it! I can't believe that Elliot is just 3 weeks shy of being able to come into the world!! While we hope he waits closer to his due date, he would be perfectly healthy if he came in 3, which is 37 weeks and considered "full term". WOW!

This week was full of excitement with my friend visiting from Phoenix, the beach, visiting friends/family for lunch, Mary Poppins on Friday, baseball game and concert on Saturday and Maternity pictures this coming Sunday. Chris surprised me with beautiful flowers and a couple of books before our Mother's Day date of Mary Poppins. Here's a picture:

I have a feeling that because of all of this excitement, I have swollen ankles and feet. NOT HAPPY. My once beautiful ankles are now soup can cankles. Next week my plan is to do NOTHING and keep my feet propped up all day. haha


Daddy: Chris finished re-painting and re-decorating our guest/Elliot's bathroom and it looks fantastic! We were able to find a shower curtain with trees, squirrels, and owls on it - of course we got that one! Here's a few pictures...

close-up of pattern:

He's getting excited for Elliot's arrival and keeps reminding me that he could be here in 3 weeks. He has done a wonderful job of catering to my every need when Im whiney (yes I am whiney at times), helping me finish up the last minute things in Elliot's nursery, and doing all of the things on my "Honey-do before baby" list. He just finished his 2nd week at his new job and loves it!

No comments: