Thursday, December 29, 2011

Updates: 18 months old and 33 weeks pregnant

Haven't posted in a while - something I will try to do more of in the New Year.  Although life with a very busy toddler and being pregnant with #2 is somewhat tiring of a job. lol

here are a couple updated family pictures: (E is 17.5 months old and Im 7.5 months pregnant)





Let's see here, I will start with updates...

Elliot is 18 months old and the sweetest, most adorable, lovable, and smart little boy EVER.  lol  Yes, I am biased! But really, he is such a perfect little boy (minus a few short-lived "tantrums" every now and then).  We recently had his 18 month check-up with the Pediatrician, he noted, several times, how advanced and ahead of the game he is.  I love hearing the words "perfect", "smart", and "healthy" come from a professional who works with kids all the time.  He's such an animated little guy and learns something new every single day.

His current "likes"
- playing with toys and his friends
- park (slides!)
- giving unprompted hugs and kisses (MY FAVORITE!)
- bathtime
- "singing" songs
- playing with his letter blocks
- helping around the house - picking up things and putting away, wiping his face, hands, and tray down, sweeping the floors is one of his new favorites.

His "dislikes"
- when either of us walks away from him (in a store, restaurant, etc) ESPECIALLY Chris. lol
- the word "no"
- something like the remote or cell phone being taken away - results in a mini tantrum but has gotten better and now he is handing them over freely instead of running away with it.

He knows more than 50-60 words, uses "short sentences" and understands WAAAAAY more than we realize (we'll ask him to bring such and such or do something, etc), knows his (and our) body parts (eyes, hair, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, tongue, clavicle, elbow, belly button, foot/feet, hands, toes, knees, heart.), recognizes and points out at least 15 letters of the alphabet, signs (and says): "more", "all done", "thank you" and "please" regularly however as dropped some of his other signs and just speaks them instead of signing and talking.  He does all sorts of "tricks" - how to cluck like a chicken (arm movements too), "soooo cute", "so big", "earmuffs", "cheese" and a few others that I can't remember right now. lol

He is so fun to be around and his bubbly personality brightens any room he enters.  He is currently in a very loveable phase - randomly coming to give us hugs and kisses.  Each hug is so sweet - he comes up with big open arms, leans in, gives pats, and even says "awe" when he does it - he even gives Peyton big hugs.  He sure does love his pup!  We've been preparing him for a while to be a big brother!  Thanks to his Nana for getting him his very own cabbage patch doll to practice with.  He gives him (Oliver) hugs, kisses, and today even rocked him in the recliner.  He is going to be such a great big brother!!


Update on me/Patrick:  I am 33 weeks pregnant and things are going great!!!! I had a scan at 32 weeks, 1 day and Patrick was measuring on the bigger (giant) size at 35w6d weighing approx 5lb, 11oz and "greater than 97th percentile".  Bit nervous about that and my OB mentioned possibility of c-section.  Not excited for that since Elliot's delivery was VERY easy - less than 30 mins of pushing.  He wasn't a small kid for being 3 weeks early (7lb, 3oz) so hopefully Patrick can be delivered naturally as well.  But, of course, I will do ANYTHING to ensure his and my safety and if that means c-section, then that's what we will do.  I just pray that we can avoid that route and go the natural way again.

Bump pic: 32.5 weeks on Christmas Day - notice the bow ... Patrick is one of favorite presents this year!



Otherwise, things have been great - 3rd trimester is going SO much smoother than my 2nd trimester did. Praise God, the SCH that caused my scares from 13-24 weeks has RESOLVED - it's GONE.  No evidence of it whatsoever!!  God is SO GREAT!!!  I've got 4 weeks until I am "full term" (the point at which Elliot was born) so we are gearing up for a late January baby - or early February.  Even my OB thinks he will be on the early side, due to size and Elliot being early as well.  I guess we'll seeeeee....

I've very excited for Patrick's arrival however it is bitter sweet ... I love feeling him kick and move inside my tummy and it makes me sad that these next few weeks will be the last time I feel that as we don't plan to have any more babies.  But I know that his precious face (and Elliot's too) will keep my mind off that - I  have a feeling that having 2 boys less than 20 months apart will have me RUNNING and occupied for a while. lol

His nursery is complete and it is PERFECT.  Chris did a fantastic job and thanks to my Dad for helping too!!  The vintage airplane theme worked out better than I imagined it would and looks awesome!  His clothes have been organized, things are in place, all I need to do is pack my hospital bags and wait.  (Oh and clean and do a million other household things) haha

Thanks for reading - it's been a busy few months around the Rohde home.  Hope you had a Merry Christmas and we wish you a blessed New Year.  Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers for my family - keep them coming!!

With love,
Connie

No comments: