Saturday, July 3, 2010

36 weeks - 9 months pregnant!

These have been in draft mode for a while ... 36 week mark was June 7th.

Wowza - 36 weeks!  I can officially say that I'm 9 months pregnant.  The weirdest part about that statement is the fact that I have a whole month to go.  Although, we could be holding our sweet baby boy as early as ONE week ... 7 days from today!!!  While I'm sure Elliot will build the suspense and make us wait, we're so very excited to meet and hold him!  I hope he is at least thinking about when he wants to have a BIRTHday in the near future, haha!

This week I have my last ultrasound to check his size and position to confirm he is still head down for delivery purposes.  In a way, it's sad because I won't have anymore sonograms but it's exciting because the next time I see him, he will be born!  

Update on his Stats:  Elliot is estimated to weigh 6lb, 6 oz.  This means that he is growing at a perfect rate of 0.5lb per week. (exactly 2lbs heavier than he was 4 weeks ago).  Should I go to my due date he will likely weigh between 8-8.5 lbs.  He is measuring in the 62nd percentile for size and weight but his head measurement is in the 97th-98th percentile (they took 2 measurements).  Again this is not much of a surprise due to his Daddy's head size at birth.  Maybe he will be a little genius??  lol

This measurement is particularly concerning to me considering there are only 2 ways for him to be born and the preferred route scares me due to his head size.  Doctor still remains positive that I will be able to complete a vaginal birth.  I was checked at this appointment for dilation and I've made no progress towards labor. In fact Dr. Langley said, "you have a LONG way to go".  This is totally normal at this point but it appears that Elliot seems to be quite comfy in there.  I know first hand from good friends and even my mother that dilation doesn't mean must as to when a baby will be born.  I had 2 close friends who were 2-3 cm for a couple weeks and still needed induction to move the labor process along and then there was my Mom who was nothing on a Monday and I was born 2 days later on a Wednesday by 1:20 pm with no assistance from an induction.  Here's hoping I have a quick labor like my Mom did!!

Mommy: I'm feeling great - minus a rough Saturday afternoon.  I felt a ton of cramps and thought mmmmaaaaybe something was happening but they went away and by Sunday I was back to feeling great.  Chris and I did a bunch of baby prep this weekend so it was likely from being so active.

On Saturday we went to a child seat safety inspection hosted by the Sheriff's department.  They showed us how to install our car seats properly.  Luckily we went because our seats were in wrong.  While our seats were snug and in place we used the wrong latches when we installed.  This is important to know since our car models had not been crash tested to uphold an accident the way we had installed them.  So they showed us how to install the car seats properly and then checked them to be sure.  We then learned how to properly harness Elliot in and change the car seat as he grows.  Our car seats have been officially inspected and are fully safe for his use!

On Sunday we went to Hollis Gardens for Chris to take more Maternity pictures of just me wearing a really pretty white shirt my Mom had gotten for me earlier in my pregnancy.  The pictures turned out great!!  Here are a couple:


Daddy:  Chris and I finished up the very last bit of shopping we wanted to do before Elliot arrives.  We bought an activity center/jumper which we think Elliot will really like.  It's the Baby Einstein musical jumper center.  We set that aside since he won't be using it until he is a few months old.  Chris put together his swing, which looks absolutely adorable.  I can't imagine how cute he will look being rocked in it.  I think Chris is getting excited and definitely in the nesting mode.  He is constantly doing laundry or chores around the house, with no prompts from me.  I'm not complaining, I LOVE the help.


That's all for this week ... stay tuned for updates on Elliot and when he decides to make his grand debut into the world!  Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers you've been sending for us, it's almost time to meet our son!


No comments: