(yes that's an iPad in the picture ... wonder how funny it will be to see that in 25 years ... can't imagine what they will have then)
I can't believe it ... Elliot is 1 month old already!! REALLY?! I absolutely love being a Mommy and I can't imagine life being better than it is right now! Chris is an amazing father, Elliot is great a baby and I have to admit, he's super cute! lol
This has been a big week for Elliot. He had his first bath in his bathtub ... no more sponge baths for him. He really likes it and we love how calm and lovable he is after bathtime. He has also been napping more frequently (and for longer periods) in his crib. What a big boy!! He really likes tummy time and it is very evident how strong he is getting ... his neck is getting strong, he loves to kick and scoot, and he is lifting more with his arms rather than just his neck. He still gets aggravated when he doesn't move much so we try to spend at least 10 mins (2 sessions) a day doing tummy time. I've noticed as well as my mom and Megan that Elliot is trying to roll over when changing or lying on his back or stomach. Nothing official but he is making the motions.
Exciting news: we received Elliot's social security number/card - he is officially official! lol This means we were able to open Elliot's savings account! If you remember from earlier pregnancy posts, Chris and I started a piggy bank for him when I was pregnant. He also received a few "Welcome to the World" checks so we all went to open his account this past Saturday.
For the BIG #1 month we spent the day at Chris' mom's house for a fish fry and the early evening at my parents house. Chris' sister's friend had a baby girl just 3 days after Elliot was born so it was fun to see another baby of the same age. Elliot had his first DATE ... what can I say, he has a way with the ladies. We got a few really cute pictures ... I will post a little later this week.
Speaking of pictures, my mom took a picture of Elliot in my coming home from the hospital outfit ... what makes this even more special is that I came home from the hospital exactly 28 years ago this past weekend. How cool! I will post a picture of that too...
As of Thursday 7/15/10 Elliot weighed in at 7lb, 15.5 oz!
I had my post partum follow-up appointment with Dr. Langley. It went great!! It was nice to see everyone again ... I had become quite the regular ... gotta love weekly OB appts. They had Elliot's birth announcement hanging up and all said he was adorable (which of course I know, lol). The best part of the appointment was that I had lost 23 pounds since my last Dr visit which was at 36 weeks (5 weeks ago). Dr. L was VERY happy with this and added up my total loss to be 59 lbs. Ummmm I'm not sure if I should be happy or upset about this. YES Im happy especially since I could have GAINED 23 lbs or even 59 BUT I don't think I look much different and definitely not 59 lb different. lol Oh well, I will take it and run! haha Dr. Langley reiterated how rare it is to actually lose weight during pregnancy and said my body must like being pregnant. I jokingly told him that I will be back for the pregnancy diet in 2-3 years. haha
That's all for now ... check back soon for the addition of pictures!
Love,
CCE
No comments:
Post a Comment