Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One month...

This is such a sad time for Chris and our family. It seems so odd that just one month ago we said goodbye to Chris' dad here on Earth. In a way, it seems like it has been longer than just 1 month but that is probably because November has been one of the busiest months that I can remember.

Although time is the healer of all wounds, there is no relief in sight. I see how much Chris hurts and how sad he is even when people ask "how are you doing?" or when he hears a certain song on the radio. I hate to see him so sad but I am happy he has so many great friends, family, and myself to talk and cry with when he is in need. I know that in time most of his sadness will be replaced with the fond memories he has of his father.

This is a particularly difficult time of year to lose someone as it is the holiday season. Not to mention Chris and Megan's birthday months. In a weird way, I felt refreshed when the calendar turned to December and maybe I will feel the same way when the clock strikes on New Years Eve. I am certain that 2007 and 2008, minus a few celebrations, has been 2 of the worst years that we will face. From his diagnosis Labor Day weekend of 2007 until his last hours here before he went to Heaven through his funeral services, have been and will be some of the saddest times of our lives. I am blessed to have met and gotten to know Chris' father and so sad to see him battle this horrible fight. While I am sad that he has passed, I am happy to know that he is resting peacefully free of pain and illness looking down on our family as our personal guardian angel.

I know that even when time passes, there will be harder days than others and certain events that will be bitter sweet because he is not here to share them with us but we must remember that he is always here with us, looking over us and saying, "Look, that's my son or there's my little girl..." I know that both Chris and Megan will continue to make their Daddy proud in more ways than they realize. I just hope they know that even though he is gone from this Earth, he really is watching over us all and continues to be so proud of them both...

Please keep our family in your prayers.

Love always,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie, thank you for that post. I love that Chris has you by his side through all of this. You and Jon were definitely meant to be in our family and I am so glad you both got to know Daddy and our family. I love you, and thank you again for your sweet words. Love you xoxo

Anonymous said...

I think of you and Chris every single day! I am glad we got to spend time together. Give each other hugs for me---long distance! Let all the good memories help you through this difficult time...I know what it's like and it's HARD! Love you guys!